Design a site like this with
Get started


Graduate Research Assistant Positions (PhD program in Mechanical Engineering)

The Kang Lab at George Mason University has several open Ph.D. positions.

If you are interested in joining our lab, it is recommended that you send Professor Kang an email stating your interest at earliest possible time in the Fall/Spring semesters and set up an appointment.

Interested students are welcome to send an email (and a follow up email) to which contains a C.V. (Resume required for propective undergraduate reserach assistants) detailing your background, any publications and research interests.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Positions

Student Funding Opprotunities

Mason offers several ways for students to get support while you participate in a research, scholarly, or creative project. No matter your major, there are opportunities for you!

OSCAR Federal Work-Study Research Assistantships are for students who are interested in working with faculty on a project, and have demonstrated financial need. We offer a RA positions in almost every program across campus, and you can search our current openings. It’s a great way to meet faculty, and learn about the methods in your field while earning money!

The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program is a competitive program designed to give undergraduates an authentic research, creative, or scholarly experience under the guidance of a mentor. You (with the help of your mentor) design and implement the project, and present the results at the end of the project.

External funding is available for students and faculty for projects on and beyond Mason. There are many opportunities to get involved with a summer project at local or national sites. OSCAR is happy to help with applications for these projects.

Office Address
Pilgyu Kang, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
4439 Nguyen Engineering Building
4400 University Dr, MS 6E9, Fairfax, VA 22030

Phone: +1 (703) 993-5973

%d bloggers like this: